launder: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lôn'dur, län'-), [key]
- to wash (clothes, linens, etc.).
- to wash and iron (clothes).
- to disguise the source of (illegal or secret funds or profits), usually by transmittal through a foreign bank or a complex network of intermediaries.
- to disguise the true nature of (a transaction, operation, or the like) by routing money or goods through one or more intermediaries.
- to remove embarrassing or unpleasant characteristics or elements from in order to make more acceptable: He'll have to launder his image if he wants to run for office.
- to wash laundry.
- to undergo washing and ironing: The shirt didn't launder well.
- (in ore dressing) a passage carrying products of intermediate grade and residue in water suspension.
- a channel for conveying molten steel to a ladle.
- launder (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.