Meaning of Lancaster
Pronunciation: (lang'ku-stur for 4–8 also lang'kas-tur), [key]
- the English royal family that reigned 1399–1461, descended from John of Gaunt (Duke of Lancaster), and that included Henry IV, Henry V, and Henry VI. Cf. York (def. 1).
- a member of this family.
- a city in Lancashire, in NW England. 125,500.
- a city in SE Pennsylvania. 54,725.
- a town in S California. 48,027.
- a city in central Ohio. 34,953.
- a town in N Texas. 14,807.
- a town in W New York. 13,056.
- lancaster (Thesaurus)