Meaning of La Fayette
Pronunciation: (laf"ē-et', laf"ā-, lä"fē-, -fā- Fr. la&wdspcfa-yet'), [key]
- 1634–93, French novelist.
Pronunciation: (laf"ē-et', laf"ā-, lä"fē-, -fā- for 1 also Fr. la-fa-yet'), [key]
- 1757–1834, French soldier, statesman, and liberal leader, who served in the American Revolutionary Army and took a leading part in the French revolutions of 1789 and 1830.
- a city in S Louisiana. 81,961.
- a city in W Indiana, on the Wabash River. 43,001.
- a town in W California. 20,879.
- lafayette (Thesaurus)