knell: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nel), [key]
- the sound made by a bell rung slowly, esp. for a death or a funeral.
- a sound or sign announcing the death of a person or the end, extinction, failure, etc., of something: the knell of parting day.
- any mournful sound.
- to sound, as a bell, esp. a funeral bell.
- to give forth a mournful, ominous, or warning sound.
- to proclaim or summon by, or as if by, a bell.
- knell (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.