Meaning of kingfish
Pronunciation: (king'fish"), [key]
— pl. -fish, -fish•es.
- any of several marine food fishes of the drum family, esp. of the genus Menticirrhus, found off the E coast of the U.S.
- Also calleda marine food fish, Genyonemus lineatus, found off the Californian coast.
- a large game fish, Seriola grandis, found in Australia and New Zealand, closely related to the yellowtail.
- any of various other fishes noted esp. for their size.
- a person regarded as a leader or authority: a kingfish in Democratic party circles.
- kingfish (Thesaurus)