Meaning of kindly
Pronunciation: (kīnd'lē), [key]
— adj., adv. -li•er, -li•est,
- having, showing, or proceeding from a benevolent disposition or spirit; kindhearted: kindly people.
- gentle or mild, as rule or laws.
- pleasant, agreeable, or benign: kindly climate.
- favorable, as soil for crops.
- in a kind manner; with sympathetic or helpful kindness.
- cordially or heartily: We thank you kindly.
- obligingly; please: Would you kindly close the door?
- with liking; favorably: to take kindly to an idea.
- kindly (Thesaurus)