Meaning of kidney
Pronunciation: (kid'nē), [key]
— pl. -neys.
- either of a pair of bean-shaped organs in the back part of the abdominal cavity that form and excrete urine, regulate fluid and electrolyte balance, and act as endocrine glands.
- a corresponding organ in other vertebrate animals or an organ of like function in invertebrates.
- the meat of an animal's kidney used as food.
- constitution or temperament: He was a quiet child, of a different kidney from his boisterous brothers.
- kind, sort, or class: He is only at ease with men of his own kidney.
- kidney (Thesaurus)