Meaning of juvenile
Pronunciation: ( j'vu-nl, -nīl"), [key]
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable or intended for young persons: juvenile books.
- young; youthful: juvenile years.
- immature; childish; infantile: His juvenile tantrums are not in keeping with his age.
- a young person; youth.
- a youthful male or female role.
- an actor or actress who plays such parts.
- a book for children.
- a young bird in the stage when it has fledged, if altricial, or has replaced down of hatching, if precocial.
- a two-year-old racehorse.
- juvenile (Thesaurus)