Meaning of junction
Pronunciation: ( jungk'shun), [key]
- an act of joining; combining.
- the state of being joined; union.
- a place or point where two or more things are joined, as a seam or joint.
- a place or point where two or more things meet or converge.
- a place or station where railroad lines meet, cross, or diverge.
- an intersection of streets, highways, or roads.
- something that joins other things together: He used the device as a junction between the branch circuit and the main power lines.
- junction (Thesaurus)