Meaning of journal
Pronunciation: ( jûr'nl), [key]
- a daily record, as of occurrences, experiences, or observations: She kept a journal during her European trip.
- a newspaper, esp. a daily one.
- a periodical or magazine, esp. one published for a special group, learned society, or profession:The English Journal. the October issue of
- a record, usually daily, of the proceedings and transactions of a legislative body, an organization, etc.
- a daybook.
- (in the double-entry method) a book into which all transactions are entered from the daybook or blotter to facilitate posting into the ledger.
- a log or logbook.
- the portion of a shaft or axle contained by a plain bearing.
- journal (Thesaurus)