Meaning of jelly
Pronunciation: ( jel'ē), [key]
— n., pl. v., adj. -lies, -lied, -ly•ing,
- a food preparation of a soft, elastic consistency due to the presence of gelatin, pectin, etc., esp. fruit juice boiled down with sugar and used as a sweet spread for bread and toast, as a filling for cakes or doughnuts, etc.
- any substance having the consistency of jelly.
- a fruit-flavored gelatin dessert.
- a plastic sandal or shoe.
- to bring or come to the consistency of jelly.
- containing or made, spread, or topped with jelly or syrup; jellied: jelly apples.
- jelly (Thesaurus)