Meaning of jangle
Pronunciation: ( jang'gul), [key]
— v., n. -gled, -gling,
- to produce a harsh, discordant sound, as two comparatively small, thin, or hollow pieces of metal hitting together: The charms on her bracelet jangle as she moves.
- to speak angrily; wrangle.
- to cause to make a harsh, discordant, usually metallic sound: He jangled the pots and pans.
- to cause to become irritated or upset: The loud noise of the motors jangled his nerves.
- a harsh or discordant sound.
- an argument, dispute, or quarrel.
- jangle (Thesaurus)