Meaning of jackpot
Pronunciation: ( jak'pot"), [key]
- the chief prize or the cumulative stakes in a game or contest, as in bingo, a quiz contest, or a slot machine.
- a pot that accumulates until a player opens the betting with a pair of predetermined denomination, usually jacks or better.
- an outstanding reward or success.
- The firm has hit the jackpot with its new line of computers.
- to achieve a sensational success; have sudden luck:The firm has hit the jackpot with its new line of computers.
- to win a jackpot.
- jackpot (Thesaurus)