J, j: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jā), [key]
— pl. J's Js, j's js.
- the tenth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter J or j, as in just, major, or rajah.
- something having the shape of a
- a written or printed representation of the letter J or j.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter J or j.
- joule; joules.
- the tenth in order or in a series, or, when I is omitted, the ninth.
- (sometimes l.c.) the medieval Roman numeral for 1. Cf. Roman numerals.
- a unit vector on the y-axis of a coordinate system.
- the imaginary number &minus1sqrootover;.