Meaning of itinerant
Pronunciation: (ī-tin'ur-unt, i-tin'-), [key]
- traveling from place to place, esp. on a circuit, as a minister, judge, or sales representative; itinerating; journeying.
- characterized by such traveling: itinerant preaching.
- working in one place for a comparatively short time and then moving on to work in another place, usually as a physical or outdoor laborer; characterized by alternating periods of working and wandering: an itinerant farm hand.
- a person who alternates between working and wandering.
- a person who travels from place to place, esp. for duty or business.
- itinerant (Thesaurus)