Meaning of isometric
Pronunciation: (ī"su-me'trik), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or having equality of measure.
- of or pertaining to isometric exercise.
- noting or pertaining to that system of crystallization that is characterized by three equal axes at right angles to one another. Cf. crystal system.
- of equal measure; made up of regular feet.
- designating a method of projectionin which a three-dimensional object is represented by a drawing having the horizontal edges of the object drawn usually at a 30° angle and all verticals projected perpendicularly from a horizontal base, all lines being drawn to scale. Cf. orthographic projection.
- isometric exercise (def. 1).
- an isometric drawing.
- Also calledisochor.
- isometric (Thesaurus)