Meaning of irradiation
Pronunciation: (i-rā"dē-ā'shun), [key]
- the act of irradiating.
- the state of being irradiated.
- intellectual or spiritual enlightenment.
- a ray of light; beam.
- the apparent enlargement of an object when seen against a dark background.
- the use of x-rays or other forms of radiation for the treatment of disease, the making of x-ray photographs, the manufacture of vitamin D, etc.
- exposure or the process of exposure to x-rays or other radiation.
- irradiation (Thesaurus)