Meaning of involution
Pronunciation: (in"vu-l'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of involving or entangling; involvement.
- the state of being involved.
- something complicated.
- a rolling up or folding in upon itself.
- a part so formed.
- retrograde development; degeneration.
- the regressive changes in the body occurring with old age.
- a complex construction in which the subject is separated from its predicate by intervening clauses or phrases.
- a function that is its own inverse.
- involution (Thesaurus)