Meaning of interpretation
Pronunciation: (in-tûr"pri-tā'shun), [key]
- the act of interpreting; elucidation; explication: This writer's work demands interpretation.
- an explanation of the meaning of another's artistic or creative work; an elucidation: an interpretation of a poem.
- a conception of another's behavior: a charitable interpretation of his tactlessness.
- a way of interpreting.
- the rendering of a dramatic part, music, etc., so as to bring out the meaning, or to indicate one's particular conception of it.
- oral translation.
- interpretation (Thesaurus)