Meaning of interpolation
Pronunciation: (in-tûr"pu-lā'shun), [key]
- the act or process of interpolating or the state of being interpolated.
- something interpolated, as a passage introduced into a text.
- the process of determining the value of a function between two points at which it has prescribed values.
- a similar process using more than two points at which the function has prescribed values.
- the process of approximating a given function by using its values at a discrete set of points.
- interpolation (Thesaurus)