international: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in"tur-nash'u-nl), [key]
- between or among nations; involving two or more nations: international trade.
- of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens: a matter of international concern.
- pertaining to the relations between nations: international law.
- having members or activities in several nations: an international organization.
- transcending national boundaries or viewpoints: an international benefit; an international reputation.
- (cap.) any of several international socialist or communist organizations formed in the 19th and 20th centuries. Cf. First International, Second International, Third International, Fourth International, Labor and Socialist International.
- (sometimes cap.) a labor union having locals in two or more countries.
- an organization, enterprise, or group, esp. a major business concern, having branches, dealings, or members in several countries.
- an employee, esp. an executive, assigned to work in a foreign country or countries by a business or organization that has branches or dealings in several countries.
- international (Thesaurus)