interior: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-tēr'ē-ur), [key]
- being within; inside of anything; internal; inner; further toward a center: the interior rooms of a house.
- of or pertaining to that which is within; inside: an interior view.
- situated well inland from the coast or border: the interior towns of a country.
- of or pertaining to the inland.
- domestic: interior trade.
- private or hidden; inner: interior negotiations of the council.
- pertaining to the mind or soul; mental or spiritual: the interior life.
- the internal or inner part; inside.
- the inside part of a building, considered as a whole from the point of view of artistic design or general effect, convenience, etc.
- a single room or apartment so considered.
- a pictorial representation of the inside of a room.
- the inland parts of a region, country, etc.: the Alaskan interior.
- the domestic affairs of a country as distinguished from its foreign affairs: the Department of the Interior.
- the inner or inward nature or character of anything.
- the largest open set contained in a given set, as the points in a circle not including the boundary.
- interior (Thesaurus)