intensive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-ten'siv), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by intensity: intensive questioning.
- tending to intensify; intensifying.
- increasing in intensity or degree.
- instituting treatment to the limit of safety.
- noting or pertaining to a system of agriculture involving the cultivation of limited areas, and relying on the maximum use of labor and expenditures to raise the crop yield per unit area (opposed to extensive).
- requiring or having a high concentration of a specified quality or element (used in combination): Coal mining is a labor-intensive industry.
- indicating increased emphasis or force. Certainly is an intensive adverb. Myself in I did it myself is an intensive pronoun.
- something that intensifies.
- an intensive element or formation, as -self in himself, or Latin -tō in iac-tō, “I hurl” from iacō, “I throw.”
- intensive (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.