Meaning of intense
Pronunciation: (in-tens'), [key]
- existing or occurring in a high or extreme degree: intense heat.
- acute, strong, or vehement, as sensations, feelings, or emotions: intense anger.
- of an extreme kind; very great, as in strength, keenness, severity, or the like: an intense gale.
- having a characteristic quality in a high degree: The intense sunlight was blinding.
- strenuous or earnest, as activity, exertion, diligence, or thought: an intense life.
- exhibiting a high degree of some quality or action.
- having or showing great strength, strong feeling, or tension, as a person, the face, or language.
- susceptible to strong emotion; emotional: an intense person.
- (of color) very deep: intense red.
- dense (def. 4).
- intense (Thesaurus)