Meaning of institutional
Pronunciation: (in"sti-t'shu-nl, -ty'-), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or established by institution.
- of or pertaining to organized establishments, foundations, societies, or the like, or to the buildings devoted to their work.
- of the nature of an institution.
- characterized by the blandness, drabness, uniformity, and lack of individualized attention attributed to large institutions that serve many people: institutional food.
- (of advertising) having as the primary object the establishment of goodwill and a favorable reputation rather than the immediate sale of the product.
- pertaining to institutes or principles, esp. of jurisprudence.
- institutional (Thesaurus)