Meaning of inspiration
Pronunciation: (in"spu-rā'shun), [key]
- an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
- something inspired, as an idea.
- a result of inspired activity.
- a thing or person that inspires.
- a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul.
- the divine quality of the writings or words of a person so influenced.
- the drawing of air into the lungs; inhalation.
- the act of inspiring; quality or state of being inspired.
- inspiration (Thesaurus)