Meaning of insinuation
Pronunciation: (in-sin"y-ā'shun), [key]
- an indirect or covert suggestion or hint, esp. of a derogatory nature: She made nasty insinuations about her rivals.
- covert or artful suggestion or hinting, as of something implied: His methods of insinuation are most ingenious.
- subtle or artful instillment into the mind.
- the art or power of stealing into the affections and pleasing; ingratiation: He made his way by flattery and insinuation.
- a slow winding, worming, or stealing in.
- an ingratiating act or speech.
- insinuation (Thesaurus)