insert: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.in-sûrt'n.in'sûrt), [key]
- to put or place in: to insert a key in a lock.
- to introduce or cause to be introduced into the body of something: to insert an extra paragraph in an article.
- something inserted or to be inserted.
- an extra leaf or section, printed independently, for binding or tipping into a book or periodical, esp. a leaf or section consisting of an illustration or advertisement printed on different paper.
- any small picture, device, etc., surrounded partly or completely by body type.
- a paper, circular, etc., placed within the folds of a newspaper or the leaves of a book, periodical, etc.
- a cut-in.
- insert (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.