inference: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in'fur-uns, -fruns), [key]
- the act or process of inferring.
- something that is inferred: to make rash inferences.
- the process of deriving the strict logical consequences of assumed premises.
- the process of arriving at some conclusion that, though it is not logically derivable from the assumed premises, possesses some degree of probability relative to the premises.
- a proposition reached by a process of inference.
- inference (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.