Meaning of indurate
Pronunciation: (v.in'doo-rāt", -dyoo-adj.in'doo-rit, -dyoo-&wdspcin-door'it, -dyoor'-), [key]
— v., adj. -rat•ed, -rat•ing,
- to make hard; harden, as rock, tissue, etc.: Cold indurates the soil.
- to make callous, stubborn, or unfeeling: transgressions that indurate the heart.
- to inure; accustom: to indurate oneself to privation and suffering.
- to make enduring; confirm; establish: to indurate custom through practice.
- to become hard; harden.
- to become established or confirmed.
- hardened; unfeeling; callous; inured.
- indurate (Thesaurus)