indulge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-dulj'), [key]
— v., -dulged, -dulg•ing.
- to yield to an inclination or desire; allow oneself to follow one's will (often fol. by in): Dessert came, but I didn't indulge. They indulged in unbelievable shopping sprees.
- to yield to, satisfy, or gratify (desires, feelings, etc.): to indulge one's appetite for sweets.
- to yield to the wishes or whims of; be lenient or permissive with: to indulge a child.
- to allow (oneself&hasp;) to follow one's will (usually fol. by in): to indulge oneself in reckless spending.
- to grant an extension of time, for payment or performance, to (a person, company, etc.) or on (a bill, note, etc.).
- indulge (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.