increment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in'kru-munt, ing'-), [key]
- something added or gained; addition; increase.
- profit; gain.
- the act or process of increasing; growth.
- an amount by which something increases or grows: a weekly increment of $25 in salary.
- one of a series of regular additions: You may make deposits in increments of $500.
- the difference between two values of a variable; a change, positive, negative, or zero, in an independent variable.
- the increase of a function due to an increase in the independent variable.
- increment (Thesaurus)