Meaning of incompetent
Pronunciation: (in-kom'pi-tunt), [key]
- not competent; lacking qualification or ability; incapable: an incompetent candidate.
- characterized by or showing incompetence: His incompetent acting ruined the play.
- being unable or legally unqualified to perform specified acts or to be held legally responsible for such acts.
- inadmissible, as evidence.
- an incompetent person; a mentally deficient person.
- a person lacking power to act with legal effectiveness.
- incompetent (Thesaurus)