Meaning of impure
Pronunciation: (im-pyoor'), [key]
- not pure; mixed with extraneous matter, esp. of an inferior or contaminating nature: impure water and air.
- modified by admixture, as color.
- mixed or combined with something else: an impure style of architecture.
- regarded by a religion as unclean, as animals or things.
- not morally pure or proper; unchaste or obscene: impure thoughts.
- marked by foreign and unsuitable or objectionable elements or characteristics, as a style of art or of literary expression.
- impure (Thesaurus)