imprint: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.im'printv.im&sylpprint'), [key]
- a mark made by pressure; a mark or figure impressed or printed on something.
- any impression or impressed effect: He left the imprint of his thought on all succeeding scholars.
- the name of a book's publisher printed on the title page or elsewhere, usually with the place and date of publication.
- the statement of such information in a bibliographic description of a printed work.
- a name, title, or other designation by which all or certain specific books of a publisher are identified.
- any marketing name used by a company or organization for a product line; brand or label.
- the printer's name and address as indicated on any printed matter.
- to impress (a quality, character, distinguishing mark, etc.).
- to produce (a mark) on something by pressure.
- to bestow, as a kiss.
- to fix firmly on the mind, memory, etc.
- to acquire or establish by imprinting.
- to make an imprint upon.
- to make an impression; have an effect.
- imprint (Thesaurus)