Meaning of implant
Pronunciation: (v.im-plant', -plänt'n.im'plant&sec, -plänt&sec), [key]
- to put or fix firmly: to implant sound principles in a child's mind.
- to plant securely.
- to insert or graft (a tissue, organ, or inert substance) into the body.
- any device or material, esp. of an inert substance, used for repairing or replacing part of the body.
- medication or radioactive material inserted into tissue for sustained therapy.
- implantation (def. 1).
- an artificial tooth that has been inserted permanently into the jaw.
- a metal framework attached to the bones of the jaw for supporting artificial teeth.
- implant (Thesaurus)