Meaning of imperfect
Pronunciation: (im-pûr'fikt), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by defects or weaknesses: imperfect vision.
- not perfect; lacking completeness: imperfect knowledge.
- noting action or state still in process at some temporal point of reference, particularly in the past.
- being without legal effect or support; unenforceable.
- (of a flower) diclinous.
- of or relating to the interval of a major or minor third or sixth. Cf. perfect (def. 12a).
- imperfect (Thesaurus)