Meaning of immovable
Pronunciation: (i-m'vu-bul), [key]
- incapable of being moved; fixed; stationary.
- incapable of being influenced by feeling; emotionless: an immovable heart; an immovable tyrant.
- incapable of being moved from one's purpose, opinion, etc.; steadfast; unyielding.
- not subject to change; unalterable.
- not moving; motionless.
- not liable to be removed, or permanent in place.
- (of property) real, as distinguished from personal.
- not changing from one date to another in different years: Christmas is an immovable feast.
- something immovable.
- lands and the appurtenances thereof, as trees and buildings.
- immovable (Thesaurus)