Meaning of ideology
Pronunciation: (ī"dē-ol'u-jē, id"ē-), [key]
— pl. -gies.
- the body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
- such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation.
- the study of the nature and origin of ideas.
- a system that derives ideas exclusively from sensation.
- theorizing of a visionary or impractical nature.
- ideology (Thesaurus)