Meaning of hybridize
Pronunciation: (hī'bri-dīz"), [key]
— v., -ized, -iz•ing.
- to cause to produce hybrids; cross.
- to breed or cause the production of (a hybrid).
- to form in a hybrid manner.
- to produce hybrids.
- to cause the production of hybrids by crossing.
- to form a double-stranded nucleic acid of two single strands of DNA or RNA, or one of each, by allowing the base pairs of the separate strands to form complementary bonds.
- to fuse two cells of different genotypes into a hybrid cell.
- hybridize (Thesaurus)