Meaning of hybrid
Pronunciation: (hī'brid), [key]
- the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, esp. as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics.
- a person or group of persons produced by the interaction or crossbreeding of two unlike cultures, traditions, etc.
- anything derived from heterogeneous sources, or composed of elements of different or incongruous kinds: a hybrid of the academic and business worlds.
- a word composed of elements originally drawn from different languages, as television, whose components come from Greek and Latin.
- bred from two distinct races, breeds, varieties, species, or genera.
- composite; formed or composed of heterogeneous elements.
- composed of elements originally drawn from different languages, as a word.
- hybrid (Thesaurus)