Meaning of humanity
Pronunciation: (hy-man'i-tē or, often, y-), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.
- the quality or condition of being human; human nature.
- the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.
- the study of classical languages and classical literature.
- the Latin and Greek classics as a field of study.
- literature, philosophy, art, etc., as distinguished from the natural sciences.
- the study of literature, philosophy, art, etc.
- humanity (Thesaurus)