Meaning of humanitarian
Pronunciation: (hy-man"i-târ'ē-un or, often, y-), [key]
- having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- of or pertaining to ethical or theological humanitarianism.
- pertaining to the saving of human lives or to the alleviation of suffering: a humanitarian crisis.
- a person actively engaged in promoting human welfare and social reforms, as a philanthropist.
- a person who professes ethical or theological humanitarianism.
- humanitarian (Thesaurus)