Meaning of hulk
Pronunciation: (hulk), [key]
- the body of an old or dismantled ship.
- a ship specially built to serve as a storehouse, prison, etc., and not for sea service.
- a clumsy-looking or unwieldy ship or boat.
- a bulky or unwieldy person, object, or mass.
- the shell of a wrecked, burned-out, or abandoned vehicle, building, or the like.
- to loom in bulky form; appear as a large, massive bulk (often fol. by up): The bus hulked up suddenly over the crest of the hill.
- to lounge, slouch, or move in a heavy, loutish manner.
- hulk (Thesaurus)