Meaning of huckster
Pronunciation: (huk'stur), [key]
- a retailer of small articles, esp. a peddler of fruits and vegetables; hawker.
- a person who employs showy methods to effect a sale, win votes, etc.: the crass methods of political hucksters.
- a cheaply mercenary person.
- a persuasive and aggressive salesperson.
- a person who works in the advertising industry, esp. one who prepares aggressive advertising for radio and television.
- to deal, as in small articles, or to make petty bargains: to huckster fresh corn; to huckster for a living.
- to sell or promote in an aggressive and flashy manner.
- huckster (Thesaurus)