Meaning of hub
Pronunciation: (hub), [key]
— n., v., hubbed, hub•bing.
- the central part of a wheel, as that part into which the spokes are inserted.
- the central part or axle end from which blades or spokelike parts radiate on various devices, as on a fan or propeller.
- a center around which other things revolve or from which they radiate; a focus of activity, authority, commerce, transportation, etc.: Chicago is a railroad hub.
- Boston, Mass. (used as a nickname).
- the peg or hob used as a target in quoits and similar games.
- any one of the holes in an electrical panel, into which connections may be plugged.
- a design of hardened steel in relief, used as a punch in making a die.
- a stake bearing a tack used to mark a theodolite position.
- a die forced into a metal blank.
- to stamp (a metal blank) with a hub.
- hub (Thesaurus)