Meaning of housekeeping
Pronunciation: (hous'kē"ping), [key]
- the maintenance of a house or domestic establishment.
- the management of household affairs.
- the management, care, and servicing of property and equipment of an industrial or commercial building or organization.
- the ongoing routine, procedures, operations, and management of a commercial enterprise, government, organization, or the like.
- system tasks, as initialization and managing peripheral devices, that must be done to permit a computer program to execute properly but that do not directly contribute to program output.
- housekeeping (Thesaurus)