Meaning of hot shot
Pronunciation: (hot' shot' for 1 hot' shot&sec for 2), [key]
- incandescent shot fired to set enemy ships or buildings on fire.
- hotshot (defs. 4, 6).
Pronunciation: (hot'shot"), [key]
— Slang. Slang.
- highly successful and aggressive: a hotshot lawyer; a hotshot account exec.
- displaying skill flamboyantly: a hotshot ballplayer.
- moving, going, or operating without a stop; fast: a hotshot express.
- an impressively successful or skillful and often vain person.
- an express freight train.
- a firefighter.
- hotshot (Thesaurus)