hot dog: Meaning and Definition of
- a frankfurter.
- a sandwich consisting of a frankfurter in a split roll, usually eaten with mustard, sauerkraut, or relish.
- a person who performs complex, showy, and sometimes dangerous maneuvers, esp. in surfing or skiing.
- a show-off, esp. in sports.
- (used to express great joy or delight.)
Pronunciation: (hot'dôg", -dog"), [key]
— v., adj. -dogged, -dog•ging,
- to perform unusual or very intricate maneuvers in a sport, esp. surfing or skiing.
- to perform in a recklessly or flamboyantly skillful manner, as in a sport or athletic activity; show off.
- skillful or excellent, as in sports performance.
- of, indicating, or for a type of sports activity, esp. surfing or skiing, in which intricate and potentially dangerous stunts are performed.
- intended or done to draw attention; showy or sensational.
- hotdog (Thesaurus)