Meaning of honorable
Pronunciation: (on'ur-u-bul), [key]
- in accordance with or characterized by principles of honor; upright: They were all honorable men.
- of high rank, dignity, or distinction; noble, illustrious, or distinguished.
- worthy of honor and high respect; estimable; creditable.
- bringing honor or credit; consistent with honor.
- (used as a title of respect for certain ranking government officials.)
- Brit.(used as a title of courtesy for children of peers ranking below a marquis.) Abbr.: Hon.
- honorable (Thesaurus)